Monday, October 24, 2016

Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheets Review

Bamboo Supply Co. guarantees extreme softness and they deliver with their new bamboo sheet set. What else do you get when you try these sheets? Read on for my full review:

Key Features

  • 100% rayon from bamboo
  • Twill weave
  • 320 thread count
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Thermoregulating
  • Includes 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 2 pillowcases
  • Fits mattresses up to 18″ thick
  • Three available colors – grey, white and tan
  • Machine washable and dryer friendly
  • $195 for Queen set (also available in Double, King and Cal King)
  • Queen sheets fit a standard 60-inch x 80-inch queen mattress.

This is my review of Bamboo Supply Co,'s Luxury Bamboo Sheets. The sheets are extremely soft and lightweight and made from 100% rayon from bamboo. They come in three colors and are machine washable and dryer-friendly. They are said to be hypoallergenic and theromregulation and I had no issues with wear but did have some issues with the thermoregulation. I still woke up cold and/or hot at times during the review. They also wrinkle easily but overall very soft luxurious sheets.

Pros

  • Very soft
  • Lightweight
  • Machine washable
  • Dryer Friendly
  • Hypoallergenic

Cons

  • Wrinkles easily
  • Difficulty locating care instructions
  • Issues with thermoregulation

Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheet Review

My Experience

The Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheets from Bamboo Supply Co. have only been available from the company since August 2016. The sheets, available in three colors and four different sizes, are made from 100% rayon from bamboo and the company promises “extreme softness guaranteed.”

Extreme softness is confirmed. Sheets made from bamboo fabric are known for their softness and Bamboo Supply Co’s sheets are no exception. You can feel how soft they are the minute you open the packaging.

The package label does not list care instructions, nor could I find them listed on the Bamboo Supply Co. website. I did find them written on the tag of the fitted sheet.

Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheet Review

I did a delicate cold wash and a gentle tumble dry and they came out looking fine, with no pilling or durability issues. They draped over my bed nicely and fit well overall, so there was no issue with shrinkage either.

I was not able to put the sheets on my bed as soon as they were done drying, so I couldn’t avoid wrinkles. For individuals who hate wrinkles, I think you will have a hard time with bamboo sheets as they seem prone to wrinkling.

The packaging says the sheet provide thermoregulation, are extremely soft and are hypoallergenic. I can vouch for the extreme softness and the hypoallergenic qualities (I had no skin issues during my review).

I did wake up a few times during the night while I was reviewing these sheets because I was either too hot or too cold. A post on Bamboo Supply Co.’s website goes into detail about how the bamboo fibers allow the fabric to regulate temperature, but I did not have that experience.

Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheets
4.2 Reviewer
Summary
Overall I thought these sheets were incredibly soft, comfortable and lightweight. They are quick to wrinkle and I didn't feel like I received any of the benefits of the thermoregulation it promised, but I still slept well.
Durability3.8
Style4.2
Weight4.4
Comfort4.5
Value (Price)3.9

Things to Consider Before Buying

The longer I used the sheets the more creases and wrinkles become visible. These would be tough to avoid so if you hate wrinkles I would consider another fabric.

Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheet Review

The sheets are made with rayon from bamboo and the chemical process in which these fibers are produced is not environmentally friendly.

The Federal Trade Commission warns customers that when bamboo is processed into rayon, “no trace of the original plant is left.” This makes me skeptical about whether or not the sheets are actually moisture wicking and able to regulate temperature.

On the bright side, the team at Bamboo Supply Co. let us know that their manufacturer has a OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification (this is a good thing). The  Oeko-Tex Standard 100 is a well-known independent environmental testing and certification system that works to make sure harmful substances stay out of textiles.

You can read more about how bamboo is manufactured into fabric here.

Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheet Review

Overall

These sheets retail for $195 for a Queen set on Bamboo Supply Co.’s website. They are relatively new and I was not able to find them on any other online retailer.

If you want to spend a little more to get super soft and luxurious-feeling sheets than I think these could be a good investment.

If you want bamboo sheets because you’re seeking the natural health benefits of bamboo, I would continue to research how bamboo is manufactured and find a brand who is transparent about their manufacturing process.

The manufacturer of these sheets is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 compliant. This means that the fabric used to make these sheets has been tested for substances that can harm your health.

Bamboo Supply Co. shares information about what they look for when sourcing their sheets, but do not go into the detail of the manufacturing process of the bamboo fiber they specifically use. Cariloha (another retailer with bamboo bed sheets) provides this information for their products.

The post Bamboo Supply Co. Bamboo Bed Sheets Review appeared first on Mattress Clarity.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really awesome. I gain a lot of knowledge from your blog post.
    bamboo pillow

    ReplyDelete