Monday, September 12, 2016

Brooklyn Bedding Pillow Review

Brooklyn Bedding is an increasingly popular manufacturer of mattresses, sheets, and pillows. They have a very simple, straightforward product line with just a few options. A few weeks ago, I started sleeping on their latex pillow, which comes in two sizes and two firmnesses.

Read on to see what I thought about Brooklyn Bedding’s #BestPillowEver (their hashtag, not mine)!

Brooklyn Bedding Pillow Review

Click to get the best deal on the Brooklyn Bedding pillow

What Did I Get?

Brooklyn Bedding’s latex pillow has two options each for size and firmness: Queen & King, and Plush & Firm. I got the Queen pillow in Plush.

It comes compressed in a box along with a removable cover. I thought this was a nice touch, as it provided an extra layer of protection your typical pillowcase may not to protect against stains, sweat, etc.

Brooklyn Bedding Latex Pillow

Pillow Construction

The pillow is made of Blended Talalay Latex from Latex International, a springy, responsive, and generally “cool-feeling” latex that bounces back once pressure is removed — basically, it will pretty much always retain its original shape, even with a lot of use. The pillow seemed to be made out of a single, aerated (there are small holes at regular intervals throughout) piece of latex material.

The Queen pillow weighs 3.5 pounds and measures 16″×7″×29 — a pretty standard pillow size that fits well in a normal pillowcase.

Brooklyn Bedding Pillow

The removable cover is made of a charcoal-colored bamboo blend and has a similarly colored zipper on one end and tag on the other (remember this detail — I’ll come back to it later).

My Experience

Generally, the Queen was a very good size for me, and I enjoyed the weight of it; it’s definitely “heavier” and feels more solid than the standard down pillow I had growing up! It felt good to snuggle up to it or hug it at night while sleeping on my side. (I actually slept with two of these pillows for most of my trial, though they’re sold as single pillows through the Brooklyn Bedding website.)

However, I didn’t think the pillow did a great job at supporting my neck while sleeping, especially when sleeping on my side. It ultimately seemed too plush, and while I’m used to blended latex that pushes back on my body in a supportive way, this simply had a little too much give for my taste. But if you like a very soft, very plush pillow that contours to your head, this is an option worth looking at.

Oh, and before I forget: It sleeps INCREDIBLY cool, among the coolest I’ve tried.

Pros

  • Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120 night trial and 3 year warranty.
  • Free shipping and returns through FedEx.
  • Extremely well priced for what you get.
  • Removable cover included (note that it ISN’T a pillowcase and you’ll want a pillowcase in addition.
  • Sleeps incredibly cool — seriously.
  • Good weight and great for hugging/snuggling.

Brooklyn Bedding Pillow Tag

Cons

  • The Plush was very soft and I thought bordered on not supportive enough for side sleepers.
  • The tag and zipper on the cover are on opposite sides of the pillow. When I put the pillow (inside the cover) inside a standard pillowcase, this meant at least one of the two was always exposed, which could be a bit of a nuisance if you’re a sleeper who moves around a lot and changes pillow position throughout the night.

Brooklyn Bedding Pillow Unboxing

Final Word on Brooklyn Bedding’s Latex Pillow

Like their sheets, Brooklyn Bedding’s pillow is an incredible value starting at just $39.99 for a premium product. It sleeps very cool, and while the Plush model is very much so, it’s a high-quality latex that should last overtime. I’d consider going with their Firm model if you’re a side sleeper, but overall the intersection of price and quality they offer is hard to beat.

Click to get the best deal on the Brooklyn Bedding pillow

The post Brooklyn Bedding Pillow Review appeared first on Mattress Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment