Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nest Easy Breather Pillow Review

The Easy Breather Pillow from Nest Bedding has been amongst my favorites, and is one of my preferred options in-between other pillow reviews.

Though I think it’s a great option, it’s not perfect for everyone or every situation.  Read my Nest Easy Breather Pillow review to see if this pillow is a good fit.

Nest Easy Breather PillowNest Easy Breather Pillow

Pillow Construction

Nest Bedding is known for having more natural products, with this pillow being no exception.  The inside of the pillow is a shredded blend, consisting of shredded memory foam and other materials to mimic the feeling of a down pillow.

The shredding is great because you have some of the responsiveness of a memory foam pillow without the firmness that some memory foam pillows have (most people aren’t fans of the feeling).  You can see below the shredded stuffing:

Easy Breather Natural Pillow Construction

The cover is made of Tencel fabric, making it soft to the touch and lightweight.  Also relatively easy to spot clean.

My Experience

The Easy Breather Pillow is available on the Nest Bedding site and Amazon, I just went ahead and bought from the Nest Bedding site.

When taking it out of the package, there was a slight chemical smell (called off-gassing) from the memory foam.  I was anxious to use the pillow, but I ended up waiting one night and letting it air out.  By the next day the smell was totally gone.

Checking out the pillow I noticed that it has a zipper, allowing you to see the shredded memory foam on the inside.  This zipper is important as well because if you want to customize the size/firmness of the pillow, you can just simply pull out some of the filling.  I didn’t end up doing this myself, but if you want a softer or thinner pillow, this could be a great feature!

Nest Bedding Easy Breather Pillow

I do like memory foam pillows, but they can be polarizing, causing neck and head soreness for some.  However, upon sleeping on the Easy Breather pillow, I think they really struck the right balance – it has the support of a memory foam pillow, but doesn’t have the firmness and too-slow responsiveness.

I slept in multiple positions throughout the night and found the pillow to be a good fit for each, even when sleeping on my stomach.  It’s honestly hard to describe the feel, it’s very unique – but my subjective opinion is that it’s one of the most comfortable pillows I’ve reviewed.

PROs

  • Has the memory foam feel without the firmness (that can lead to neck soreness)
  • Good air flow, keeping it cool (aka doesn’t sleep hot)
  • Financing available
  • Made in the USA
  • Available in standard, queen, and king sizes
  • Natural option available (with latex instead of memory foam)

Complaints

  • Not machine washable
  • Off-gassing smell upon opening (goes away within 24 hours)
  • On the expensive side

Final Recommendation

The Nest Bedding Easy Breather Pillow is a great all-around pillow, and definitely one of my top picks.  Note they also have a natural option available if you want to be sleeping on fewer chemicals throughout the night.

The support/tradeoff firmness is my favorite, I use it when sleeping in any position, and have occasionally used it between the legs when sleeping on my side.

The post Nest Easy Breather Pillow Review appeared first on Mattress Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment