Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My Pillow Review

My Pillow is the most popular pillow on the market due to their extensive tv campaigns.  While I do think that it’s a great idea to invest in a quality pillow, I don’t think that My Pillow is the right option.

Overall I had a pretty bad experience with the pillow, and do not recommend it.  Read my full My Pillow Review to see some of the issues I experienced.

My Pillow Review

PROs

  • Very soft and thin (could good for stomach sleepers or side sleepers)
  • Reasonably priced (compared to high-end pillows)

Complaints

  • Lumpy
  • Too thin (bad for back sleepers)
  • Feels low quality

My Experience

My Pillow is available at a number of locations, including Amazon, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohl’s, and QVC.  I ordered mine from Amazon, and upon arrival followed the first instructions: put it in the dryer for 15 minutes.

My Pillow Dryer

I’m a side sleeper and back sleeper, and used My Pillow as my primary pillow for a few nights.  It’s not too firm or big, so it didn’t hurt my neck.  However, it did feel like the foam was separated inside of it, kind of like a parting where my head went.  Definitely a little too lumpy.

This made me sink seemingly all the way through it, sometimes making it feel like I wasn’t sleeping on a pillow at all.

My PIllow Side Sleeper

I read other reviews that complained about the lumpiness and thinness, and unfortunately I experienced it myself.  I even put it in the dryer for another 15 minutes after trying it for a few nights (in case it needed to puff up more), but that didn’t seem to make any difference.

I did try the pillow between the knees (when sleeping on my side), and this was a much better experience.  It actually is the right amount of cushion between the knees, and the pillow is a nice size so that it doesn’t dominate your bed.

My Pillow Lumpy

My Pillow Specs

The My Pillow comes in sizes Queen and King (I tried the queen).  The Queen is actually quite small, smaller than other Queen sizes I’ve tried anyway. I believe the My Pillow has a warranty, but honestly I can’t imagine it getting to worse condition than when it arrived.

Final Recommendation

I don’t think the My Pillow is a scam (as other people have suggested in other user reviews) – I just think that with such a strong marketing campaign, the My Pillow is overhyped.  It’s fine, but not the dream pillow that you have been searching for.

The National Sleep Foundation does support the pillow, so they are clearly seeing something I’m not. I would suggested investing in a quality pillow, just not My Pillow. Look at my top reviewed pillows for other options I recommend.

The post My Pillow Review appeared first on Mattress Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment